The objective of this customer survey was to review the USAID Mission’s program of assistance to civil society organizations (CSOs) and to elicit feedback from beneficiaries regarding the quality of Mission assistance. The basic issues guiding field inquiry for this assignment included the following:
- Are there any trends with regard to CSO ability to influence public decisions or to leverage public support for their initiatives?
- Are there any distinguishing characteristics that make some organization more likely to get a positive response than other organizations?
- What are the most common kinds of GOH assistance given to local organizations?
- Assess the overall quality of the organizations in terms of internal democratic practices and CSO ability to influence public decisions and leverage assistance form the GOH.
- What do the beneficiaries of the USAID funded civil society program like and dislike about USAID civil society programs?